Friday 25 January 2013

Emma's 17th Birthday (Kpop) Party

So a few weeks ago, I was invited to an event called "Emma's surprise birthday party". I was invited by Emma herself, and she said that because she is a sad person, she's throwing herself a surprise party. I should also probably note that it was Kpop themed. On the day, almost all the boys had eyeliner put on them, some managed to narrowly escape :(

I had wanted to go as Hyosung from Secret, and I drew inspiration from this outfit I spotted her in:

I tried to recreate the look myself, but I ended up looking like a total slut.
I ended up wearing a jumper over the top of it instead. #nerd Oh Hyosung, if only I could be you, bamf.


Ciara and I, being the good friends we are, decided that we should throw her a real surprise party. In the event, she stated that she wanted to go to Redbox (a karaoke place in Gurney Plaza).

Hence, a couple days before the party, Ciara and I headed to Redbox, and booked the VIP Party Room. Yes.

We also bought her a cake from Humble Beginnings, it's a crepe cake shop at Straits Quay.

I don't really know what else to type, so I'll let the pictures do the talking! :)


The room

 Birthday girl!

 Wii. Ming looking preppy.

With Enna! :)  

Las tres amigas!  

Group photo before everyone left. 
Back row: Hani, Junming, Yang, Alex, Ming, Max
Front row: Chloe, Charissa, Angela, Enna, Me, Emma, Ciara, Hannah, Hayley

Chloe! :) Doesn't she resemble Kaya Scodelario? 

 Chloe and I bonded quite a bit that night.

So yeah, that was Emma's successful surprise party! I'm really glad that we did this for her.

To Emma,
WE LOVE YOU.

4 comments:

  1. As Chloe put it: "The kpop girls I googled either looked like they were toddlers or sluts". So I think you pulled it off fabulously.

    From your biggest fan <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I unleashed my aegyo, right oppa? \^.^/
      ^_~v

      <3

      Now back to my restraining order.... x

      Delete
  2. Emma's 17th Birthday looks brilliant. All of the photos are saying a lot about this fun party. At one of the NYC wedding venues my cousin is marrying soon and I wanted a fun theme for her surprise bridal shower. After seeing these photos, I am not able to think of any other themes. Thanks for helping.

    ReplyDelete